Drawing inspiration from the classic polo shirt, this versatile piece is crafted from Italian-spun extra-fine merino wool and is knitted on traditional Bentley frame knitting machines from Loughborough, England. Featuring a crisp collar, natural horn buttons and ribbed hems and cuffs, it is a lightweight, comfortable layering option for all year round.
Product Code: MPOL8092-BKAA
- 100% Extra-Fine Merino Wool
- Total Easy Care (TEC) treatment applied for machine washability and shrink resistance
- Gentle wash at 30°C
- Do not tumble dry
- Dry cleanable
- Made in Portugal
- Fits true to size - take your normal size
- Regular Fit
- Model is 6'1" and wears a size Medium
Men's Tops - Body Measurements
This chart displays sizes based on body measurements. Use our measuring tips and refer to the sketch below to determine your size.
1. Pass the tape measure across your back, under your arms and over your breastbone at its widest point. Ensure the tape measure remains horizontal and that it sits snugly against your body but is not pulled too tight.
Need more help?
If you are unsure of the size required, please contact our Customer Services team.
Extra Fine Merino
Merino is a very fine, soft type of wool, the result of more than 700 years of careful breeding, and our merino is particularly fine. The fibres are 19 micron, less than a fifth the diameter of the human hair, and are so fine that spinning them requires specialist skills.
We source merino from Piedmont, the heart of the northern Italian wool industry, from a spinning business founded in 1817 which only uses wool from ethically farmed, non-mulesed sheep. The yarn is then knitted by a specialist manufacturer in Portugal using traditional British Bentley frame machines that originally came from Loughborough. These machines give an exceptionally compact and clean knit that minimises wastage.
As well as feeling good against the skin, merino wool is naturally breathable: its fibres wick moisture away from the body and help to regulate temperature.